The Thermo Scientific Pierce Rapid ELISA Mouse mAb Isotyping Kit provides antigen-independent determination of the mouse monoclonal antibody isotype using a microplate method that allows multiple samples to be analyzed in approximately one hour.
Mouse mAb ELISA Rapid Isotyping Kit Features:
• Fast: determine the isotype of the antibody in approx. 1 hour; considerably faster than traditional ELISA kits
• Convenient - Eight-well strip format allows partial plate use; use one strip (column) for each sample (12 samples per plate)
• Specific: characterize the antibodies for six different subclasses and two different types of light chains.
• Sensitive - accurate characterization with samples containing at least 3 ng / mL of test antibody
• Flexible - The kit is compatible with hybridoma cell culture supernatant, ascites fluid, or purified antibodies.
• Cost effective - cost per assay is less than single-use test strips or cassettes
• No special equipment is needed: evaluate results visually or measure quantitatively with a common ELISA plate reader (450 nm)
• Complete and easy to use: includes precoated plates, TMB antibody, buffer and substrate detection and stop solutions
This rapid assay uses ELISA strips precoated in different wells with anti-mouse heavy chain capture antibodies (anti-IgG1, IgG2a, IgG2b, IgG3, IgA and IgM) or mouse anti-mouse light chain capture antibody (kappa or lambda ). This approach eliminates the need to purify and immobilize an antigen to determine the immunoglobulin isotype (antibody subclass and light chain identity). A mouse monoclonal antibody sample applied to the wells can be isotyped within one hour. The results are evaluated qualitatively by visual inspection or quantitatively by measuring the absorbance at 450 nm.